Monday, April 27, 2009

Birthday weekend!







So my birthday was Saturday. I am really starting to feel my age, birthdays don't seem to be as exciting as they used to be. Friday night we had a little family party and had yummy cheesecake. Nathan and the kids gave me a deep fryer and an ice cream maker. Yes I know odd gifts but I love food, I was excited. Sat morning we had donuts for breakfast at my parents and then the kids went and got two betta fish (lighting and thunder). Nathan's grandma had a 90th b-day party on Sat after so we went there most of the day. Sat evening Nathan and I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and I was mortified when I had to sit on a saddle as they sang happy birthday, I will never forgive him for that one. It was a good dinner anyway. That night the kids made up a spa night for me, they rubbed my hands and feet and brushed my hair, I even had cucumbers on my eyes. It was a nice treat, they acually did relax me quite a bit. I had a good birthday, pretty quiet but I guess that's what happens as you get older. Until next time!

5 comments:

The Clawson's said...

Happy Birthday Linda! I'm glad you had a good day! I LOVE cheesecake! probably a little too much!

Melanie Farrell said...

Happy Bday Girl :) My advice - take matters into your own hands and throw crazy themed birthday parties for yourself! (if you want you can say that it was all Nathan's idea while at the party ;)

The Mazz Fam said...

Sounds like a lot fun! I'm glad you had a nice birthday!

Rach said...

i hate getting older. that was nice of your kids to give you a spa day.

amy said...

sounds like a great birthday, linda! i love that you slip in the food details, i enjoy small details like that. :) you're gonna have a rockin' summer with that ice cream maker!